It is said that we spend 85 percent of our time thinking about the past or the future leaving only 15 percent to think in the present. Yes, you read that right 85 percent of our time is spent focused on things we cannot control. 1. What’s already happened that we can’t do over, and 2. The unknown of what is to come. I want you to let that sink in for a minute. Once you’ve thought about it, ask yourself what does it mean to you and how is that truth affecting your life? I mean
At this point I think it’s safe to say we all know what it is to find strength at some time or another. The moments where you find yourself in that vulnerable state unsure of what to do, where to go, or how to get there. Yet somehow, you always manage to pull yourself up. Fortitude is inherent in all of us, whether we realize it or not. Everyone, strong in their own way. Fighting through the many challenges that arise on the journey of life. If experience proves that we are c
The beginning of the year is always naturally a time of reflection and resolution. It is often said that you can’t know where you are going unless you know where you have been. Moving into 2017 has been deep for many of us. I for one, am grateful for the road I’ve traveled and hopeful for the journey that lies ahead. One of the resolves I have committed to this year is that of positive energy. Positive defined as a good, affirmative, or constructive quality or attribute. And
We don’t always get what we want in life. This we know as fact. But just because we don’t get what we want doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t continue to put in the work. It’s within the times we fail, that the greatest lessons become available to learn. The key is wanting to do so. I wasn’t sure what direction I was going to go this week but something I keep circling back to is the idea of taking action. So here we go. We all have choices in everything we do. Each day, and our l
There’s a lot that goes on in any given day, month, or year. With that, it can be difficult to stay the course and true to yourself at all times. Most recently I’ve found my awareness has been heightened around the presence of duplication. Both in ideas and actions of those near and far. It's been an interesting narrative to follow. On the heels of my recent post about authenticity, the essence of integrity has taken even greater shape in what I envision for our world. In tim
I never leave a conversation with a client without mentioning the word support. It’s synonymous with the idea of change and the way that we grow and become better but is often an easily overlooked fundamental. I know I spoke a few months back about the idea of building support by way of strategically cultivating and growing friendships. Essentially taking control of your personal circle in order to optimize potential. Today, I’d like to take it a step further and touch on the
I’ve found myself discussing the concept of responsibility a lot in conversation over the past few days/ weeks so I thought it might be something interesting to bring to light this week.
What does the word responsibility mean to you?
By definition it means the state or fact of having a duty to deal with something or of having control over someone. I think this is the general definition that comes to mind for many of us. Having to take care of something or someone. We learn
I recently came across a quote that read “you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”- Jim Rohn Without thinking about it too much, who are those five people in your life? And when you think about them are they who you would most like yourself to reflect. You know that old saying you are the company you keep? Well, it’s true and this is what I would like to focus on this week. We’ve had some time to reflect on the idea of concept and if we now can fu
I know the overall foundation of the work I talk about and live by rests on the idea of change and although I think it is something we all encounter it’s not always something that we are excited for or free to accept as a part of the journey to move forward. Honestly speaking change is scary. It’s cause to break out of our normal routine and requires risk. Something a lot of us aren’t willing to give into. But how do we expect things to ever be different if we aren’t willing
I initially brainstormed around several different topics that I wanted to discuss this week but after a recent conversation with my mom there’s one fundamental element that I can’t seem to shake and that is one of gratitude. With all this talk about change and cultivating the life you want we often get distracted from all that we currently have and the foundations that allow us to propel forward in the ways which we possibly could never imagine. The idea of being grateful for